The Stated Meeting of Session was held on August 27, 2019
After opening prayer and a time of devotions Session:
· Received an update on Revision Plan Year 3- GRACE CHANGES LIVES
o Ministry to Youth and Young Adults: Elder Jablonski reviewed new changes to the schedule of weekly activities for Grace Youth ministry. These changes will allow for weekly Bible study, in addition to weekly fellowship time. Weekly joint fellowship time with high school and middle school groups is also built into the new schedule.
o Local Mission, Community Engagement:
§ Reverend Hull will begin a mid week Bible Study on Wednesday evenings in September
§ A second Skeptics Club is planned for September
§ Rise Against Hunger – second annual event will take place November 10
§ Dan Bellamy will be here on October 20th telling Bible Stories to the young and young at heart through balloon sculpture
§ Sunday School Pep Rally/Open House will be held on September 12 for Sunday School families
§ Reverend Templin Ashford provided an update on ongoing efforts to find or hire teachers. Curriculum is being developed by Director of Ministry to Children and Families, Sara Bloncourt.
· Received an update from the Capital Projects Committee
o First Dream Night outlining proposed capital projects, held on August 14 was thought to be successful
o A second Dream Night is planned for September 4
o The consultant from Horizons will conduct a feasibility study and recommend whether to proceed with the Capital Campaign, and recommend an amount to be set as a goal for fund raising. Session will then act on these recommendations.
o Session will need to determine what portion of the Capital Campaign will go to mission concerns.
· Received information that Don Pizer and Nancy Wright will head up the initiative to explore ways to acknowledge donations to Grace.
· Received the Audit Report to Session from O’Connell & Co. LLC
· Approved the use of funds generated from the auction of church items deemed no longer needed by the church during the process of de-cluttering to purchase furniture for use in the Bride’s suite and/or other areas of the church.
· Reviewed the history of the property at 440 Old York Road, adjacent to the church. A purchase agreement for sale of the property for $3.6 million exists. Grace has the Right of First Offer. Parking rights were reviewed. We agreed not to offer $3.6 million for this property and to retain our parking rights.
· Set the date for a Special Congregational Meeting on Sunday September 15, 2019, for the purpose of electing the Nominating Committee and an Elder for a one year term.
· Re elected as Officers of the Corporation: President-Don Pizer, Vice President- Doug Geer, Treasurer- Mimi Satterthwaite, Secretary- Kathryn Limmer
· Began to consider our path forward after Grace Changes Lives sunsets in May 2020
We welcome your questions. Please speak to an Elder or contact us at email@example.com