The Stated Meeting of Session was held on April 23, 2019
After opening prayer and a time of devotions Session:
· Received an update on ReVision Plan Year 3- GRACE CHANGES LIVES
· Intergenerational Fellowship:
o Congregational Dinners are going well.
· Adult Mission Trip:
o Currently 3 people are signed up for the mission trip to Kinston, NC for hurricane relief work planned for July 28-Aug 3. Pastor Levens is seeking input from the organization on minimum numbers for participation.
o Sign up deadline is May 1
· Ministry to Youth and Young Adults:
o Youth Middle School Mission trip currently has 11 students signed up. They are in need of two more adult volunteers: one male and one female
o Youth High School Mission trip currently has 11 student signed up. They are in need of 2 adult male volunteers.
o May 19th an all youth kickball event will close out the program year
· Local Mission, Community Engagement:
o April 6th Day of Service was held. About 30 people attended, a smaller number than other service days, but several came who had attended both previous days of service and shared they looked forward to participating in these events.
o Wine and the Bible event was held, about 70 people attended
· Noted that Confirmation Sunday is May 19th. A Called Meeting of Session for the purpose of receiving new members will be held on May 19th at 9:45
· Received a preliminary preview of a thorough report on Capital Projects to be considered.
· Ratified the decision by the Personnel Committee to hire Sara Bloncourt as our new Director of Children’s Ministry. Sara begins with us on May 1.
· Planned for the Spring Congregational Feedback sessions held on April 28th.
· Agreed to ongoing discussions at future Session meetings on how donations to the church are honored and recognized.
· Reviewed the Annual Assessment of the Adult Education Team.
· Agreed to conduct a Sound System check prior to services where multiple microphones are in use.
We welcome your questions. Please speak to an Elder or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
APRIL 1, 2019