Grace is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministry. Scroll down to see the job description.
Director of Student Ministry
Grace is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministry to provide spiritual and organizational leadership for our church's programs for students, Grade 6 through college-age. Please send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
To provide spiritual and organizational leadership for Grace Presbyterian Church’s ministries to middle school, high school, and college-age young people with the goal of developing disciples who know Christ and make him known.
- In concert with the Student Ministry Team and the Head of Staff, develop and execute a vision and strategy for the youth program, in line with the mission of the church.
- The primary role of the Youth Director is to run the church’s two active youth groups:
- Middle School (grades 6-8), meeting weekly during the program year
- Senior High (grades 9-12), meeting weekly during the program year
- For both the Middle School and Senior High programs, responsibilities include:
- Creation of weekly lesson plans/curricula
- Setting and achieving spiritual goals for self, adult advisors, students, and student leadership team
- Track attendance
- Recruit youth to participate in programs
- Engage in student leadership development
- Plan and execute informal fellowship meetings throughout the summer, to be held on a schedule agreed upon between the Youth Director, Student Ministry Team, and pastoral staff.
- Plan and lead summer mission trips
- College, Senior High, Middle School
- Plan and manage all Confirmation activities
- Lead retreats during Program Year
- Manage volunteer leadership of Youth Program
- Recruit adult advisors
- Engage in adult advisor training
- Meet with adult advisors on regular basis
- Communicate regularly with advisors concerning plans for the week’s fellowship
- To build relationships with students and their families, both through and outside of church-related programs. This includes students currently within the Grace congregation and students living in the community with no present connection to the church.
- Support and build a ministry to college-age young adults, which consists now of a summer Bible study and an annual mission trip.
- To attend corporate worship each Sunday and participate in worship leadership if and as assigned by the Head of Staff.
- To engage youth in community activities.
- To arrange for publicity/promotion of student ministry activities to church and community, including use of social media in conjunction with the communications team.
- To work with the Student Ministries Team to develop and administer the Student Ministries budget.
- As needed, to coordinate fundraising projects related to special youth activities and trips.
- To monitor student ministries’ compliance with the church’s child protection policy.
- In consultation with pastoral staff, manage the involvement of youth in worship.
- Understand, evaluate, and apply “best practices” in all Youth initiatives
this is a full-time position, with hours to be approved by the Head of Staff
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.